Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

Without commenting on Sam's specific examples, I think the policy
should include a "generally" or "normally" weasel word, so that
the IESG can make exceptions in unusual circumstances.

It really should be unusual though. A real case some years ago
involved a dispute between an ex-employee and ex-employer about
who had the right to update a non-WG draft. The IETF shouldn't be in the
business of deciding disputes of that kind, which could happen
any time.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter