Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-ops-reqs-for-bgp-error-handling-05.txt> (Operational Requirements for Enhanced Error Handling Behaviour in BGP-4) to Informational RFC

Reply to your request dated 30/08/2012
Draft Reviewed By: Abdussalam Baryun (AB)   Dated: 31/08/2012

Reviewer Comment AB1: Editorial.

Overall the reviewer felt that this Informational I-D is difficult to
read/understand. Requirement level language [RFC2119] is not used,
while this I-D discusses; *requirements* of BGP error handling.
Page 3> Whilst a number of Internet Drafts
have been written to begin to enhance the behaviour of BGP-4 in terms
of the handling of erroneous messages,
AB> please refer to those I-Ds within the paragraph
AB> what is PE device?

Page 4> within a single sub-topology or service.
AB> what is sub-topology? Do you mean subnet or domain!

Page 4-5> Both within Internet and multi-service routing architectures, a
number of BGP sessions propagate a large proportion of the required
routing information for network operation. For Internet routing,
these are typically BGP sessions which propagate the global routing
table to an AS - failure of these sessions may have a large impact on
network service, based on a single erroneous update. In an multiservice
environment, typical deployments utilise a small number of
core-facing BGP sessions, typically towards route reflector devices.
Failure of these sessions may also result in a large impact to
network operation.

AB> BGP sessions don’t propagate within architectures, but within networks.
AB> “typically BGP sessions which propagate the global routing
Table to …” not clear.
AB> amend “In an multiservice” to “In a multi-service”

<This is not the end of the comments>

Best Regards,
AB
This message and any attachments are confidential to the intended
This message is in compliance with the IETF regulations.