Re: New Version Notification for: draft-baryun-rfc2119-update-00.txt

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Abdussalam Baryun
<abdussalambaryun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is solving the problem of specifications that don't specify
> conditions in a easy manner that implementers/users need. Please note
> that "IF THEN" is reducing the number of words in the draft as well
> (more efficient). Please tell me what specification can specify a
> conditional situation in less words than "IF, THEN". Many RFC don't
> follow the easy way properly,

Yes but that's an editing issue.  Go look at how process documentation
and state machines are handled in serious protocol RFCs.  Some do use
if/then in a formal way, but some are just informative.  The purpose
of 2119 is clarity of terminology.  Everyone knows what "if" and
"then" mean - your concern is how they are used.  The way to fix that
is in the particular drafts you have an issue with.