Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-dps-framework-08

Hi Russ,

On 2012-07-17, at 19:06, Russ Housley wrote:

> I think you missed my point.  In a PKI, when the issuer significantly changes the policy, subsequent certificates have a different policy identifier.  I do not see a similar concept here.

You're right, I did miss your point, quite thoroughly :-)

I am guessing that the answer is that there's no corresponding facility in DNSSEC to for a policy identifier to be published with a DNSKEY RR, but I say that largely ignorant of X.509 and attendant CA policy and hence perhaps am still misunderstanding what you're looking for.

Joe