Re: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-http-forwarded-06.txt> (Forwarded HTTP Extension) to Proposed Standard

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 13:59:43 -0700
SM <sm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Also, this statement in 8.3 is not really true and probably better left out:
> >
> >"Proxies using this extension will preserve the information of a
> >    direct connection, which has an end-user privacy impact, if the end-
> >    user or deployer does not know or expect that this is the case."
>
> I suggest removing that statement.  The wording is not entirely
> clear.  I read it as diluting end-user privacy impact.

I interpret it the other way around.
It makes a deployer aware that there is also end user expectations
to take into considerations.
Removing it may work as well, but I think that less well reflects the
discussion on the apps-list.

> In Section 6.3:
>
>    'To distinguish the obfuscated identifier from other identifiers,
>     it MUST have a leading underscore "_".'
>
> I suggest removing the requirement and using "can".  The implementer
> can decide what to put in that field.

I think that will make parsing harder, and give no benefit at all.

Cheers,
 Andreas