Re: Last Call: <draft-hoffman-tao-as-web-page-02.txt> (Publishing the "Tao of the IETF" as a Web Page) to Informational RFC

At 20:22 05-07-2012, Tony Hansen wrote:
I think my point was missed. Section 2 says:

All published versions will be archived using URLs of the form <http://www.ietf.org/tao-YYYYMMDD.html>.

My question is: Where is there a list of all of the tao version files? How would one be able to find out the name of the previous version so they could do a diff and see what has changed? How can I see a history of the files?

The interesting question is at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg73889.html I did not ask Julian whether he was thinking about cool URIs [1]. The information about common HTTP implementation problems [2] may be relevant to the discussion. After I read the message at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg73892.html I could not understand why it was not possible as there is mod_rewrite.

I don't think that all this is important in a draft which is about of a tutorial.

Regards,
-sm

1. http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI
2. http://www.w3.org/TR/chips/