Re: Proposed Update to Note Well

On 6.22.2012 07:14 , "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   Anything that you write, say, or discuss in the IETF, formally or
   informally, either at an IETF meeting or in another IETF venue
   such as a mailing list, is an IETF contribution.  If you believe that
   any contribution of yours is covered by a patent or patent
   application made by you or your employer, you must disclose
   that fact or arrange for your employer to disclose it on your behalf.

s/made by you or your employer/controlled by you or your employer/

And I would remove "on your behalf", as it a) adds to the word count, and
b) could be viewed as a requirement to fill in the section III of the
disclosure form--something that is neither common practice nor, IMO, overly
useful.

Stephan