Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:26:09AM -0700, Andy Bierman wrote:

> There is no correlation between the blue sheets and IETF contributions.
> I don't see what purpose they serve anymore.

The blue sheets are not just to figure out how many people to plan for
a room (as several people have, I think, already pointed out).
They're also there in order to show whether people were in fact at a
meeting.  This is important in a standards development organization,
particularly one, like the IETF, that maintains official agnosticism
about IPR claims.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx