SMTP question - a session containing multiple transactions

I am a newbie. Could anyone clarify about the following issue?

I am aware that once a session for SMTP is established it could be used for multiple transactions.

Let's say that there are two SMTP servers, A and B, and A initiates a session (TCP connect to B). After A finished one transaction (transferring some email content from A to B), is it possible B starts transferring some email content to A using the same TCP connect? What is the command or process like?

Thanks,
Joe.