Re: [dane] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-protocol-19.txt> (The

SM wrote:

> In Section 8.1:
>
>    "If it is less likely that a user will hear about its trusted DNSSEC
>     validators being hacked that it is of a public CA being compromised"
>
> I suggest using "compromised" instead of "hacked".

Similar to what John complains about, comparing trusted DNSSEC validators
to public CAs is comparing apples and oranges.

The equivalent of a trusted DNSSEC validator in the PKIX world would
be an SCVP server/service!

The compromise of the DNSSEC zone data for DANE is probably equivalent to
the compromise of an organizational CA signed by a public CA with
name constraints to that DNS zone.

The compromise of an unconstrained public CA in the PKIX world would
be equivalent to a compromise of the root DNSSEC zone data in the DANE world.

-Martin