Re: IPv6 networking: Bad news for small biz

Brian,

On Apr 4, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> uh, i hate to spoil your fantasy.  but large ipv4 deployments want an
>> absolutely minimal, compatible, feature-match upgrade to ipv6.
>
> Yes of course. Isn't that what straight dual stack deployment is
> meant to provide?

Well, no.  Dual stack was meant to allow people to continue to run IPv4 to do IPv4 things and also run IPv6 to do IPv6 things.  I believe Randy is saying that the folks who run large IPv4 deployments want IPv6 to (at least) do the same things as IPv4.

However, since Dual Stack was a failure as a transition strategy, I'm not sure why raising it is even relevant.

Regards,
-drc