Re: Last Call: <draft-betts-itu-oam-ach-code-point-03.txt>

Hi,

I support Russ's approach to allocate a codepoint to G.8113.1 as stated in his emal (ietf message 62185 - 03/01/2012)

<Russ>
Some people are using the lack of a code point as the reason that the cannot support the ITU-T document. My approach tells the ITU-T that a code point is available to them IFF they are able to reach consensus. The removes IETF from the discussion. This creates a situation where G.8113.1 succeeded or fails based on the ITU-T members actions, with no finger pointing at the IETF. This is completely a Layer 9 consideration, and it has noting to do with the technical content of the document.
</Russ>

The codepoint allocation should allow the ITU-T to progress refinements to G.8113.1 such that it can satisfy all the functional requirements defined in RFC 5860.
Best regards,

Jeong-dong