Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-03.txt> (Deprecating Use of the"X-" Prefix in Application Protocols) to Best Current Practice

On 3/16/12 4:00 AM, t.petch wrote:
> [...]

As I said in my previous reply, this document says absolutely nothing
about the values of parameters, only about the names of parameters. I
must admit that I an confused as to why you construe otherwise. If
indeed strings leak out of the space of parameter names into the space
of parameter values, as in your example, that is purely a byproduct of
the leakage, and does not change the fact that the recommendations in
this I-D apply to parameter names.

> Most people will probably understand your wording, but I still find it sloppy
> for an RFC (given the way that this list has dissected similar topics in the
> past).

Suggested text is always welcome.

Peter

--