Re: [dhcwg] TSVDIR review of draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-bulk-leasequery

On Feb 13, 2012, at 5:16 PM, Joe Touch wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> One additional transport suggestion:
>
> - it would be useful to include recommended configurations for TCP connections. Given these are multi-byte request/response exchanges, Nagle should be disabled, e.g.

	One of the co-authors had this to
	say:

>   A bone headed implementation (either client or server) might send
>   bits and pieces of a message (for example, it would be easy for
>   an implementation to send the 2 bytes for the length of the
>   message in one request and then the message in a second). This is
>   exactly what you want the TCP protections for. So, I think we
>   should be silent on this issue.  I also can't see how there is
>   any harm in leaving it enabled (even in a 'clean'
>   implementation).

	I tend to agree with him -- I don't see that this
	is going to cause a problem if we don't disable
	it.  But maybe I'm missing something.  Is there
	an important problem if we don't specify this one
	way or another?

	Thanks -- Kim