Re: SEARS - Search Engine Address Resolution Service (and Protocol)

Todd Glassey wrote:

> So SEARS is a method of replacing the DNS roots with a well-known
> service portal providing a Google or other SE based access model.  The
> session can interface with traditional HTTP or DNS-Lookup Ports to
> deliver content or addresses to a browser in the form of a HTTP redirection.

It's no different from plain search engine with "I'm feeling
lucky" turned on.

> The protocol specification is almost done and is intended to make
> threats of attacks against the DNS roots less of an issue.

I heard that Anonymous is planning to attack root servers.

Is it google who hired them to promote SEARS. :-)

Anyway, root servers are (or will be) anycast with a lot less
centralized management than google servers that they are more
resistant against attacks.

						Masataka Ohta