re: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-link-format-11.txt> (CoRE Link Format) to Proposed Standard

This is less a substantive comment but one more on process……..

Here is the history of WGLC:

Here is the history:

A couple of points:
1)  I work in a commercial group (ZigBee Alliance) using IETF standards for commercial deployment.  We have several work groups interested in CoAP but were waiting for a stable version to determine whether it was usable or not for their application (things like home automation, commercial automation).  We had assumed that since the original WGLC (rev –02) and since there were multiple iterations on the document (see the history) that the document was not final.
2)  The second WGLC was only 1 week in duration and occurred over the US Thanksgiving holiday.  I completely missed that.  Even so, there were 3 more revisions after that so not sure it was obvious that this was actually the final WGLC for the document.

I mention the above since I think it would be useful to actually have a full 1 month last call on this document.  I think there were several of us that were surprised by the referral of the document to the IESG and who were planning to do a final review at WGLC (which apparently we missed….).

Also, is it normal to have so many revisions after WGLC?   Having WGLC in Jan. 2011 on rev –02 and then the version referred to IESG as rev –12 a year later seems strange.

Thanks for your consideration,

Don Sturek