Re: Last Call: <draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-01.txt> (The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM) to Informational RFC

All,

Section 1.1 contains the following text:

   An analysis of the technical options for OAM solutions was carried
   out by a design team (the MEAD team) consisting of experts from both
   the ITU-T and the IETF.  The team reached an agreement on the
   principles of the design and the direction for the development of
   an MPLS-TP OAM toolset.

I was a member of the MEAD team, I do not support this conclusion.

   A report was subsequently submitted to the
   IETF MPLS Working Group at the Stockholm IETF meeting in July 2009.

Please provide a reference to the report. I would like to read it,
and see what my conclusion was.

   The guidelines drawn up by the design team have played an important
   role in the creation of a coherent MPLS-TP OAM solution.

The MEAD team was disbanded before the guidelines were finished and
agreed within the team.

Regards, Huub.