Re: Last Call: <draft-gundavelli-v6ops-pmipv6-address-reservations-00.txt> (Reserved IPv6 Interface Identifier for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Informational RFC

Hi Sri,

On 11-09-21 08:44 PM, Sri Gundavelli wrote:
> Two MAG's in the same broadcast domain can be ruled out, as there is no
> mechanism for the nodes to decide on who should support the attached MN.
> More over, we still have the P2P link assumption and so multiple MAG's in
> the same broadcast domain is not possible. So, we are fine on this aspect.
> Stepping back a bit, IMO, 5453 issue is not applicable for the P2P link and
> given that its a managed mobility domain. So, I wonder, if the concern is
> valid in PMIPv6 context ?

I don't think that the concern is applicable in the PMIPv6 P2P link
context. That is why I was fine with either of the methods for getting
the IID.

Thanks
Suresh