Re: you can't force people to write well, was 2119bis

>When the text in 2119 is already clearly written, but people fail to
>read it, I don't understand why adding more text in yet another
>document is likely to improve understanding.  Adding additional text
>and documents inherently increases the burden on readers.

Having done my share of writing, and also having hired people to write
for me, I entirely agree.  You can't force people to write well by
adding ever more detailed and nitpicky rules.

If the problem is that RFCs aren't clear, or that they use words in
misleading ways, the burden should be on the WGs that produce the
drafts to fix them so that they say what they're trying to say better.

R's,
John