Re: https

----- Original Message -----
From: "SM" <sm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "t.petch" <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "IETF Discussion" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: https

> Hi Tom,
> At 00:18 26-08-2011, t.petch wrote:
> >Besides all the usual hassle of TLS, today the certificate is
> >reported by IE as
> >expired, which sort of sums it up.
>
> Already reported to ietf-action@.
>
> Regards,
> -sm
>
> P.S. My experience of ietf-action@ is that they are responsive and do
> fix problems that are reported.

Yup, but why are we using https at all?  Who decided, and please would they
undecide?  Unexpired certificates can be circumvented, but all too often, the
https parts of the web site just do not work and, more importantly, I think it
wrong to use industrial grade security where none is called for.

Tom Petch