Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

Ole,
	In the (somewhat far) past, my memory was that the IETF rate was *less*
then the normal available rate.  This trend to higher rates is something
I only remember seeing over the last 5 or so years.  Perhaps my memory
is just flawed, as I haven't done the work to verify this, but I don't
think so.

I think in the spirit of transparency we really need to understand why
this trend has occurred.

>From looking at the list of things we get for the IETF rate, the only
thing I see in the list that is really important to the individuals
paying the room-fees is in-room (typically) IETF-class internet.
Breakfast is great, but it is included only when this is the norm for
the region/hotel, so really isn't a real benefit compared to rack rates.

I strongly feel that the "free or subsidized meeting rooms" should come
out of the meeting fees, not *hidden* in the hotel rates.

You also don't mention the free hotel rooms/suites.  Again the value
here and subsidy in the IETF rates really should be known, but in either
case, these too should come out of the meeting fees.

I personally think the issues to focus on/fix are the lack of
transparency and the current approach of distributing meeting costs to
the hotel rate.

Lou