Re: [xml2rfc] Multiple authors in reference

10.08.2011 7:55, Frank Ellermann wrote:
On 9 August 2011 14:53, Glen Zorn wrote:

A reasonable place to put this rule (if you wanted to make it a rule)
might have been RFC 5741 but it doesn't seem to be there.
If you insist on it RFC 5741 (thanks, I didn't know it) has a reference
to<http://www.rfc-editor.org/styleguide.html>.  Admittedly I don't get
why the obscure case of more than five authors is so interesting here:

Please note that eg. RFC 4357 has 12 authors and only 3 of them listed in the header. These 3 occur in the reference. RFC Editor, when preparing the draft for publication, settles this issue with all declared authors.

Some obscure cases happened, for instance, RFC 2989, which has nearly 20 authors listed in the header. They all occur in the official format of the reference. The current practice is to list not more than 5 authors, but in exceptional cases all will be kept. Correspondingly, as an answer to the question which started this topic, one is obliged to list all authors listed in the header in the Reference section. So I see no real problem here.

Mykyta

The really problematic cases are less than one author.

-Frank