Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: happiana -- IETF/W3C/IANA Registry Happiness

On 8/3/11 1:49 PM, Donald Eastlake wrote:
> Why can't we get informative explanations of what problem non-WG
> mailing lists are trying to address?
>>
>> Purpose: This list is for discussion of IANA Registry issues to
>> result in Happy IETF, Happy W3C, and Happy IANA.

Various folks have found it difficult to do things like register new
media types. There's been discussion among a small group of people to
streamline those processes (getting ADs out of the way, improving the
interface to IANA, etc.). The list started out as a small, private
design team and is now being opened to wider participation.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/