Re: DKIM Signatures now being applied to IETF Email

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

We are perfectly aware you never believed in policy, never really
acknowledge it, fought hard against its progress. I can respect that
position. But I am bit vex as to why you are questioning its existence
as an original and still current WG work item.

Where I come from, personal attacks don't support your position; they degrade your credibility.

And with your personal animosity towards me, I'm sure you will repeat this to negate concerns.

I don't view expressing a public recorded oppositional stance as an attack.

The ongoing claims that the working group was guided by sinister designs to benefit from some specific alternate market are simply absurd.

No one stated it was sinister. That blab always came from your description whenever anyone dared to state the obviousness of the conflict of interest in the WG.

1) I always stated both security and trust ideas are necessary and should of been incorporated. I opposed eliminating author domain semantics and security and especially opposed the rewrite and limiting the protocol specification to exclusively only 3rd party TRUST Service Engine integration out of the box,

2) I illustrated two examples of how unrestricted resigner creating mail integration problems, effectively making it impossible for any kind of policy to work reliably outside prearranged known communications.

As a DKIM implementor and one of those "sinister" capitalist creating products that include allowing a business to create trust services as well, the above has made it very difficult and I see little to no payoff in DKIM future - as it currently written in its limited nature to only trust and for writing software with no design considerations for controlling and restricting resigning.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com