Re: DKIM Signatures now being applied to IETF Email

> Does it follow, then, that the Right Thing to do is to avoid
> building any other parts of the system (even, say, the reputation
> service query protocol) until the easiest part is finished?

If we knew what to build, we'd build it.

We published RFC 5518 for VBR, a reputation system that sits on top of
DKIM, two years ago.  At this point I know of only one small VBR
provider, which I manage.

Also, even without general reputation systems, there are special cases
that are worth doing, e.g., there's a handful of large heavily phished
domains that sign all their mail, notably paypal.com and its ccTLD
variants.  For a medium or large mail system, it's worth adjusting the
spam filters to throw away mail purporting to be from Paypal that
doesn't have a signature.

R's,
John