Re: DKIM Signatures now being applied to IETF Email

On 7/27/2011 4:46 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
I am very pleased to report that the IETF is now applying DKIM signatures
to all outgoing list email from mailman.

What about a RFC 5617 published signing practice?

ADSP only works when the domain in the From: field is the same as the signer's domain name. It really is tailored to use by highly phished sites acting as fully-integrated bulk senders. It cannot work with more diverse environments.

The IETF email environment qualifies as extremely diverse. Our mailing list operation breaks ADSP.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking