Re: Another look at 6to4 (and other IPv6 transition issues)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Bonica" <rbonica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Noel Chiappa" <jnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: <v6ops@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 10:20 PM
> Noel,
>
> Given that each of us reads something different into the definition of
HISTORIC, is there any hope that this thread will ever converge?

No.

What is needed is some lateral thinking, such as the proposal that instead of
trying to shoehorn an RFC into an inappropriate, closed set of maturity levels,
we use a completely different option, namely an Appplicability Statement that
spells out that this magnificent standards track, non-historic piece of
technology now has an extremely limited applicability, and unless you really
know what you are doing, forget it.

Tom Petch.