Re: Confidentiality notices on email messages

On Jul 14, 2011, at 3:24 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

> It's excellent that the issue was covered in the RFC.
>
> My question is how the contents of that RFC can be binding on random IETF participants?

At the risk of answering a rhetorical question: It's being referred to in the NOTE WELL.

All of the work we do in the IETF is based on the premisses that somebody who participates in the IETF is exposed to the NOTE WELL. Personally, I think people are exposed ad nauseoum, whether a court would agree, I do not know.

--Olaf

http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/