Re: Confidentiality notices on email messages

While these notices have very little to no legal weight whatsoever, I firmly believe that allowing their presence on our mailing list invites frivolous lawsuits whose purpose is to cost the IETF money in the case that an individual does not like what we are doing.  One does not need to look particularly hard to find examples of ridiculous cases the plaintiff would never win where the defendant chose to simply buy the privilege of making it go away without taking on the costs and effort of actually fighting it in court, no matter how certain the victory.