RE: [fun] [homegate] HOMENET working group proposal

> That is the plan. And when I say "differently", I mean differences
such as

> * prefix delegation
> * global addresses and firewalls instead of private addresses and NATs
> * across-subnet communication internally in the home can be routed,
not
> NATted

[Pascal] I'd add to that multiple virtual topologies, and heterogeneous
subnets where even the link layer is not consistent across the subnet.

Automation and command/control already uses wireless technologies that
are non WIFI; ISA100.15 already works on backhaul technologies; the IETF
is missing a clear model to explain them how we isolate flows and merge
heterogeneous links into one subnet.

I think there is a lot this group can do to pursue / extend what was
done at 6LoWPAN (ND, backbone router) so that the work there connects to
the rest of the home, and by extension, the rest of other networks such
as building and industrial plants.

Cheers,

Pascal