Re: Why ask for IETF Consensus on a WG document?

On Jun 26, 2011, at 4:09 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> In message <B91BB6CD-656F-4935-B513-A6225C8F3973@xxxxxxxxx>, Joel Jaeggli writ
> es:
>>
>> On Jun 25, 2011, at 5:11 AM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>>>
>>> Not so odd. There are hundreds of millions of hosts out there that attempt
>>> to use 6to4 by default, and (probably) thousands of relay routers that
>>> attempt to support such users. Those boxes will be around for years, and a
>> re
>>> the target for the -advisory draft, regardless of the deprecation.
>>
>> the very fact that the devices are largely unmanaged, means that if you don'
>> t want to break them worse then they already are that you have continue to s
>> upport them until they age out of the network.
>
> And historic just told CISCO and Juniper to stop supporting 6to4 in their
> big iron.  The very boxes that need to remain to the end supporting 6to4
> because they are managed boxes.

I think this argument is somewhat orthogonal to the problem of supporting end-systems... However if your want to explore it, think the author is probably in a position to interpret the draft on behalf of his company. Juniper doesn't support 6to4 on the big iron.