Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname-22

FYI:
A new version (-23) of the dname-bis draft has been posted with the two sections re-added (resolver algorithm and examples of DNAME use). I haven't heard any comments from the DNSEXT WG on it, but it was only just posted.

Scott

On Jun 8, 2011, at 5:50 PM, Ben Campbell wrote:

> Thanks for the response! Comments below, eliding the bits I think need no further comment.
>
> On Jun 8, 2011, at 12:11 PM, Scott Rose wrote:
>
>> Perhaps the document should only update RFC 2672 instead of obsoleting it?
>
> That would resolve my concern, if it fits with the intent of the work group.
>

>> As for the nits:
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Ben Campbell <ben@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

> [...]
>
>> Yes, will correct.
>>
>> -- ..., 7th paragraph: "...replaced with the word "DELETED"."
>>
>> Won't that just leave the word "deleted" hanging on page without explanation? Wouldn't it be better to just simply delete it?
>>

>> Maybe, but I think the logic was that if there is some text there (just something), it can be cleanly referenced (i.e. "DELETED [RFCXXXX]")if someone is making a revised version of the RFC for some purpose.  Purely deleting it accomplishes the task, but this provides a good "hook" for a paper trail.
>>

> Okay. On reflection, it's not like we really render the updates the old RFC documents.
>

>> Scott

Scott Rose
NIST
scott.rose@xxxxxxxx