Re: Has anyone found a hotel for Quebec City that isn't exorbitant?

I'm staying in the Delta for $209.  That doesn't seem out of line to
me.

People who are very price sensitive can stay in the Laval university
dorms for $52/night.  I know people who've stayed there for a
conference in the convention centre and said that it was fine.  It's
too far to walk, so you will need to take the bus back and forth, or
if there are several people, share a taxi.

http://www.residences.ulaval.ca/hebergement_hotelier/

I also see a fair number of B&B's in the old city for around $100.
That's an easy walk to the convention centre.

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/accommodation-directory/bed-and-breakfast/quebec/

R's,
John