Re: [PCN] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pcn-cl-edge-behaviour-08.txt> (PCN Boundary Node Behaviour for the Controlled Load (CL) Mode of Operation) to Informational RFC

Through confusion, I have perpetrated a major screw-up regarding this document and its companion, draft-ietf-pcn-sm-edge-behaviour. Somewhere around Christmas I received a number of comments on the two documents. I have fixed all of them except the comment requesting sections on operations and management considerations sections. I am wishing now that I had submitted interim updates reflecting that work, pending completion of the new sections.

For various reasons I haven't had the time or energy to finish the job. When our AD came out with a revised set of comments I was confused and failed to respond. At first when Last Call was issued I thought this would do no real harm, since many of the fixes were really just editorial. Unfortunately, now that I look over some of the reviews, I realize that some substantive fixes were also included.

As a result, I have wasted the time of a lot of people. I apologize to the community for this. What I propose is that I submit the documents with the fixes that were carried out, and the IESG restart the Last Call process. Failing that, I will go through and identify the substantive issues that need correction in any event.

I note the discomfort with using the EXP code point. This is indirectly a matter of extensive debate in the PCN WG. My own view is that the solution is as suggested, make the CL-edge-behaviour draft Experimental rather than Informational.

Tom Taylor, Editor