Re: Proposed text for IESG Handling of Historic Status

I think that there are three sets of proposed state changes - what the author would like to do, what the working group if any agrees to do, and what the IESG wants to instruct the RFC Editor should ultimately be done. There is no reason they all have to be the same. For example, a document author might want to make a document a proposed standard, the working group decide it should be informational, and the IESG decide that at most it wants to make the document experimental - or make the document it obsoleted historic(al).

Rather than put more data into the Internet Draft, I would suggest putting the Working Group's view into the Shepherd's Report, and the IESG's view into the announcement and the note to the RFC Editor.