Concerns about the recent IPR Statement from Alcatel Lucent Related to RFC 6073

I do not find any IPR disclosures against draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw, the Internet-Draft that became RFC 6073.  As a result, I am very concerned by the extremely late notice of patents by Alcatel Lucent, especially since RFC 6073 and the patent have a common author.  This fact makes it very clear that Alcatel Lucent was aware of the work that produced RFC 6073. This is clearly a breach of IETF IPR policy as described in BCP 79.

Yesterday, I wrote to Alcatel Lucent about their recent IPR statement, and asked them to consider a revised IPR disclosure to correct this situation.

I received a response today.  Alcatel Lucent confirmed that they take their standards obligations very seriously.  They are investigating the situation, and they promised to respond to my message soon.  I will report further when I receive that response.

Russ