RE: Change control

To be honest, I'm not even clear on what the issue is.

If an organization creates a BCP in its own context based on the experiences of its constituents, and then the IETF uses that material to inform its own BCP on the same subject, and reasonable permission and attribution are given, what constitutes "change control"?  The IETF controls its version, and the other organization controls its own.

For example, OpenBSD was forked from NetBSD.  Who now has change control?  Does that even mean anything?

Apart from copyright matters, I think the only problem arises when there's debate over whose version is the "official" one.  But that's a matter of the perception that exists outside of the two organizations.  Otherwise, aren't they merely two perspectives on the same subject matter, and that's that?

-MSK