Re: author's address (was: Re: Fwd: [OPS-DIR] OPS-DIR Reviewofdraft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-12)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Ewell" <doug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "The IETF" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: author's address (was: Re: Fwd: [OPS-DIR] OPS-DIR
Reviewofdraft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-12)

> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>
> > For what it's worth, Section 10 of the informational RFC 2223
> > ("Instructions to RFC Authors") states:
> >
> > Each RFC must have at the very end a section giving the author's
> > address, including the name and postal address, the telephone number,
> > (optional: a FAX number) and the Internet email address.
>
> The Internet is not the type of chummy small-town environment where we
> can trust just anybody with our home address and phone number, or our
> bank account and credit card numbers, and where we can leave our front
> doors unlocked at night.

As Joel pointed out, the Last Call issue is the contact details for change
control
in the registration of a widely used URI with IANA, details which consist
solely of a gmail address.  Is that enough to grant change control of this
URI (in which a number of people from a number of organisations have
expressed an ongoing interest)?

RFC4395 appears to be silent.

Tom Petch