Re: New Year's Exploration: Changing *NOT* the Internet's Infrastructure

Dave CROCKER wrote:

> However we continue to hear claims and see design efforts that are based
> on the view that changing the infrastructure is easier than changing
> end-systems.[1]

Wrong.

The fact that the major application on the Internet easily and
smoothly changed from FTP to HTTP is the counter proof.

It is a proven fact that upgrading end systems is trivially easy.

Note also that IPv6 and DNSSEC require to *CHANGE* *BOTH* of the
infrastructure and the end-systems and that many, if not most,
end systems are IPv6 capable.

							Masataka Ohta