Re: Wikipedia

On 15/Dec/10 03:02, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2010, at 6:07 PM, Robert Brockway wrote:
>> Eg, here is a link to a version of the IETF article from yesterday:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Internet_Engineering_Task_Force&oldid=390092590
>
> Then (although this is the IESG's call and this is just my
> opinion), I think that the IETF should require this usage in
> anything published.

IMHO, whether to use temporal coordinates (where available) should be
left to authors' judgment.  Some authors diligently monitor the
relevant Wikipedia pages.

For symmetric citations, I'd note that Mediawiki recognizes inline
references to RFCs[1] and that Wikipedia has a "Cite IETF"[2] template.

There seems to be room for tighter cooperation...

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:RFC
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Cite_IETF