Re: Clarification for Copyright to referred material in IETF draft

"Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <Chris.Dearlove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Without a date and time, a link to Wikipedia is to something
> that anyone could change, at any time, to anything. (Unless
> locked, but that's unlikely to be the case here.)

A link to any external site is to something that _someone_ could change,
at any time, to anything.  I don't see how replacing 'someone' with
'anyone' makes a significant difference here, rather to the contrary
since it means you or anyone inclined can improve it to restore its
usefulness.

External references always comes with the price of creating obsolete or
incorrect links.

/Simon