Re: draft-iab-dns-applications - clarification re: Send-N

Hi Jon

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Peterson, Jon wrote:

I wouldnât say that the message of the dns-applications draft is âdo not charter
E2MD,â in so far as it does not reject the problem space. It does try to capture
arguments that had previously only been presented anecdotally, and it moreover
intends in the future to capture the ongoing discussions weâve now begun about these
subjects. I do however maintain that the previous E2MD chater is a collection of
problems that have different underlying requirements, and that bringing them under a
common architectural umbrella may obscure their individual problem spaces rather than
illuminating them. Also, the insistence of the charter on DNS-based solutions, as
opposed to solutions that might not involve the DNS, seemed unnecessarily confining,
for send-n and other mechanisms under consideration.

Which E2MD charter do you refer to in this part of your email?
Is it the one we prepared for Maastricht (IETF-78) as publised on:

  http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/e2md/trac/wiki/ProposedCharter

or some older version or even both? May I ask you clarify this.

cheers,
 Bernie

--

http://ucom.ch/
Tech Consulting for Internet Standardization