RE: Hotel Nikko (overflow) distance from Shangri-La Hotel

At 9:28 AM +0800 8/31/10, Xiangsong Cui wrote:
>I just searched at google map,
>
>The result shows it is 1.6 kilometers away from the meeting venue hotel, or
>1 mile, 20 minutes walk.
>Google map shows me three Nikko hotels around there, a bit confusing,
>luckily the map at Nikko hotel website
>http://www.newcenturyhotel.com.cn/en/hotel.html indicates the right one.

Also, from the IETF site:

NOTE: Distance between the Hotel Nikko and the Shangri-La Hotel is approximately 10 minutes by cab or bus (depending on traffic) and 20 minutes walking (though not recommended, it may be rather cold). A shuttle bus will be provided between the two venues running continually between the hotels for 1 hour prior and 1 hour after the event everyday from November 7 - 12, 2010. During the conference hours on November 8 - 12, 2010 the shuttle bus will be running between the two hotels every 1 hour.

Cab prices between the two venues will cost approximately RMB 10-15 (approximately USD 2.20; EUR 1.75; JPY 186).

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium