Re: Is this true?

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 3:26 AM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Fernando Gont <fernando@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Agreed. I just meant that even without v6 NATs, it shouldn't come as a
>> surprise if end-to-end connectivity is *not* restored by IPv6.
>>

> It is refreshing to hear someone actually say that out loud.

Agreed.

One of the biggest obstacles to deployment of IPv6 is the people who
imagine that this is an opportunity for them to establish their model
of the Internet architecture.

Ironically we are returning to the original model of the Internet.
Only we are returning to the 1970s model of Clark, Cerf et. al. in
which the only constant is that every network uses the Internet
Protocol for communication across the Internetwork. IP to the endpoint
was actually a later idea.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/