Re: Finding a patent

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Wenger" <stewe@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "t.petch" <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "IETF Discussion" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:54 PM

> Go here: http://portal.uspto.gov/external/portal/pair
> Enter the two words of the graphics challenge
> Of the radio buttons, click on "Application Number" (this is the default)
> Copy-paste the application number in the format 99/999999 ...
>
> And you will learn that the application is question is not yet published.

Indeed I do (but were I to put in 08/.... then I would get a pointing device
patent that is published but that is not the one I am interested in:-)

I was using the patent application full text search and I still cannot make that
work (using APN/ for an application that I know has been published) but
meanwhile, the public PAIR interface will do nicely.

Thanks for that.

Tom Petch

> Stephan
>
> On 8.17.2010 09:23 , "t.petch" <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I hope that someone can bridge the gap in my understanding between the IETF
> > databases and those of the USPTO.
> >
> > Looking, for example, at
> > http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1339/
> > I see
> > Patent, Serial, Publication, Registration, or Application/File number(s):
US