From: ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx [mailto:ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave CROCKER
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:33 PM
Cc: IETF discussion list
Subject: Varying meeting venue -- why?

On 8/11/2010 9:00 AM, Scott Brim wrote:
> I also believe that the goal of moving the meeting around is to minimize
> the cost of getting our work done,

Hmmm.  I'm going to ask some very silly, very basic questions in the hope that a
clear consensus statement emerges from it:

      What is the reason we move the meetings around?

      Why do we not simply choose a single venue and have all our meetings there?

      If there is benefit in meeting in 'new' locations rather than a fixed set
      of one or more places, what is that benefit?

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking