Re: [dna] Last Call: draft-ietf-dna-simple (Simple procedures for Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6) to Proposed Standard

There is something a bit weird in the IETF e-mail system.

The dna list moved from dna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to dna@xxxxxxxx in June 2008.   I
changed my address in 2010 (and get a monthly reminder from the IETF to confirm
that the change was effective).

The i-d-announce for this I-D and the IETF Last Call from the IESG have gone to
my old address with a Sender: of  owner-dna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (and it
is only by chance that I caught them).  They have not appeared on my new
address.

This e-mail from Jari, by contrast, came to my new address with Sender: of
dna-bounces@xxxxxxxx as well as to the old address (Sender: as above).

Motto: never change an e-mail address, but in the meanwhile, I suspect that
there will be others who will not have received the e-mails from the IESG or
from i-d-announce.  My sense is that there are e-mail addresses stored in the
tracker system that do not get updated when, eg,  a list address changes.

Tom Petch