From: Alexa Morris [mailto:amorris@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 01:15 PM
To: jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: China Visas

Information on the mechanics of the process has been online since IETF
77, Anaheim. However, we have not actually opened up the registration
system, or started to issue letters of invitation yet, because of
concerns that if a visa is granted too soon it would actually expire
before the meeting time.  Visas are good for 1-3 months only.

We plan to open meeting registration the week of August 9. Letters of
invitation will be available then as well. We have been told that this
should provide plenty of time for people to obtain their visa.

Alexa

On Jul 28, 2010, at 10:12 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

> Well ... I tried to find it there several weeks ago, and again
> today, before
> making the question thru the list, and guess what, I'm still unable
> to find
> the right link to obtain my invitation letter.
>
> Regards,
> Jordi
>

>> From: Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 18:55:58 +0200
>> To: Jordi Palet Martínez <jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Cc: <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: Re: China Visas
>>

>>    For some of us traveling a lot, the only available time to get
>> the VISA
>> for
>>    next meeting will be vacations period in the next couple of weeks.
>>
>>    However, I still don't see this being available in the meeting
>> page.
>>
>>    Can we please make sure to provide this in the next couple of
>> days ?
>>
>> Google? :-)
>>
>> It is up here for weeks: <http://www.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming.html>
>> and also at <http://www.ietf.org/meeting/79/visa.html>
>>

>> jaap

> The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org
>
> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged
> or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of
> the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient
> be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
> contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: amorris@xxxxxxxx

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>