Re: TSV-DIR review of draft-daboo-srv-caldav-05

On 17 jul 2010, at 21.39, Joe Touch wrote:

> Are you suggesting a new RR instead of the SRV or in addition to the SRV?
>
> The latter seems useful; the former begs the question of how many SRV variants we would want.

A new RR that is a replacement for the SRV for the cases where one need a URI and not only hostname+port.

Otherwise, same syntax and usage as SRV (i.e. prefix of the owner decide the protocol and service etc).

It is therefore more a replacement for SRV than replacement for NAPTR (that give back a list of services given a domain name).

See draft-faltstrom-uri

   Patrik