Archiving more legacy text files

Title: Archiving more legacy text files
IETF Community:

Earlier this year we archived some legacy text files and notified the IETF community which ones those were.  This is follow-up message with a new set of registries that will be archived soon.

Background:
In cooperation with the IETF Community, we have been working on a project to publish the registries we maintain for the IETF in XML.  With the help of RFC authors, WG chairs, Area Directors and Experts we have made considerable progress.

In order to give the community plenty of time to change scripts, pointers or just become aware of the new formats, we have been updating and making available both the old legacy text files and the new XML versions for newly converted registries. Since we believe sufficient time has now passed and maintaining the legacy files has a non-trivial administrative impact, we will no longer be making available the old legacy text files and will archive them.  The old URLs will contain information for the location of the new versions available (TXT, XML and XHTML).

The legacy text registries will be changed to the pointer text beginning on August 9, 2010.

We will repeat this step again in January 2011 with the registries that we convert between July 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010.

Thank you,

Michelle Cotton
Manager, IETF Relations - IANA
ICANN